Job Summary: A 3D Printer Technician-Metals is a skilled individual who specializes in the operation and maintenance of a 3D printing system and the 3D printing space. The team member will use knowledge gained from training resources and hands-on experience to ensure the reliable operation of the 3D printing space. The 3D printer technician’s ability to perform timely maintenance, maintain a clean workplace, and follow written and verbal direction will directly contribute to the success of Endeavor 3D.
As an important member of the metals team, the ability to arrive on time is a key requirement. Strong attention to detail and a commitment to precision are also critical for this role. As production at Endeavor ramps up there will be ample opportunities for overtime.
- Oversee the printing process from the beginning of the printing process through sintering and post-processing.
- Complete daily, monthly, and weekly maintenance tasks for binder jet 3d printers, sintering furnaces, and related equipment
- Maintain a clean work environment and perform 5S activities when necessary
- Provide input on streamlining the printing, sintering, and post-processing processes
- Have a general understanding of the operation of printers, furnaces, and supporting equipment.
- Report equipment malfunctions and defects in a prompt manner
- Program/operate printers, furnaces, and supporting equipment.
- Collect process data, record maintenance activities, and maintain records.
- Train other team members on printer operation and maintenance
- Maintain records and report progress daily on production of 3D parts.
- Communicate system status to other team members regularly
- Ensure production schedules are met
- An ability to spot defects and assist with quality control activities
- Assist with the operation of other parts of the business when necessary
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience
- The employee is required to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 40 pounds frequently
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance on an occasional basis
- In-plant only – no remote
This job description may not be inclusive of all job duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.